Bellevue Montessori School is looking for Assistant Teachers, starting now and through the 2019-2020 school year.
We provide a welcoming, collaborative environment where students age 18 months to 12 years old are nurtured and given the independence and autonomy to realize their own potential. Since opening our doors in 1966 as the first Montessori school on the Eastside, we have passionately executed Maria Montessori’s timeless philosophy. We are a reputable Montessori establishment, being one of five accredited Montessori schools in Washington by the American Montessori Society.
We are looking for visionaries, thinkers and patient world citizens who live to inspire, watch a child’s aha moment and connect with the Montessori community. We are looking for teachers that not only see the children as the future, but realize the importance of elementary and early education and see the children as NOW, facilitating learning compassionately and promoting their creative flow.
We provide a warm, supportive work environment in a beautiful, open setting, conducive to creativity and learning, fantastic staff and a collaborative work environment where you will be challenged and given the tools to succeed in your student’s life and excel in your career.
We are looking for an individual who possesses the following attributes:
– Nurturing and enjoys being with young children.
– Patient and understanding of each individual child and their needs.
– Is a team player who is professional in communicating with staff and parents.
– Organized and willing to help keep the classroom clean and organized.
– Self-motivated and takes initiative when there is a need on campus.
– Has experience caring for young children.
– Is dependable and reliable in following his/her assigned schedule.
– Is willing to learn more about the Montessori Method of education and incorporate it into their activities with the children.
– Creative in preparing activities for the children.
– Able to supervise children outdoors on the playground.
– Comfortable with changing diapers and sanitizing materials and furniture daily (for toddler programs).
– Applicant must be age 18 years and older
-Must have own transportation and consistently arrive to work on time and for the assigned schedule.
– Experience in a Toddler classroom or initial STARS Basic certificate a plus!
2:30pm – 6:00pm (all ages, after school programs)
Interested? Please send a resume and cover letter to HR at email@example.com